Who we are
We are the Brony Kindness Network (registered under a non-profit company with the legal name Kindness Network Ltd. in the United Kingdom – company number 14089351), a non-profit organisation based in the UK who provide a wide range of assistance to both individuals and organisations within the Brony fandom (fans of the show My Little Pony).
This website contains information about our organisation, links to our social media, and an online store where you can purchase merchandise and donate to our cause
Terms of Service
- “Brony Kindness Network”, “Kindness Network”, “Kindness Network Ltd.”, “BKN”, “the company”, “our company”, “we”, “us”, “ourselves”, “our” all refer to the company this website belongs to, which is Kindness Network Ltd. registered in the United Kingdom under company number 14089351
- “the website”, “this site”, “our site”, “our store”, “the store”, etc. all refer to the website bronykindness.net where you are reading this document
- “you”, “the user”, “the customer”, “the person”, etc. refer to the person reading this document or partaking in the activity mentioned in the given term
- Please be aware that Brony Kindness Network (Kindness Network Ltd.) is NOT a charity and you should avoid referring to it as such. We are a non-profit company/organisation based in the UK, with charitable goals – you may refer to us as a “charitable non-profit company/organisation” or “non-profit company/organisation”, or “not-for-profit company/organisation”.
- As a non-profit company, our directors/shareholders legally cannot take dividends or otherwise profit from the company
- At the time of writing (May 2023), all of our staff are volunteers including directors/shareholders and executive staff, with the sole exception of our artists, whom are paid on a per-project basis when they’re willing to accept the money
- However, we have the right to pay non-directors/shareholder staff whether on a contract or salaried employee basis
- Directors/shareholders as well as normal staff have the right to be reimbursed for any personal expenses they incur on behalf of the company such as purchasing items for the company using their personal bank card or cash
- In the future, directors MAY receive a basic salary where legal to do so, to compensate them for their time spent working at the non-profit, and allow them to reduce their external work responsibilities. This will only be allowed in the event that the non-profit is highly profitable, and such a salary would not severely impact our ability to serve the greater good through our charitable efforts
- By using our services, you understand that BKN is a volunteer ran organisation, so we cannot guarantee things will be ran perfectly, nor in a timely manner, but we’ll try our best
- If you request aid from the BKN, you agree that you do so in an honest manner, and will not take resources from us which you don’t truly require
- You understand that when BKN gives aid to an individual or organisation, whether financial, social, or other forms of aid – it does not mean we endorse that individual or organisation. We are not responsible if you are harmed by interacting with an individual or organisation whom we have offered aid to.
- The views and actions of our staff members do not necessarily represent the views of the organisation or other people within the organisation. We are not responsible for what a staff member does outside of BKN operated spaces such as our Discord server or website.
- Some of our services require you to be of a certain age to access them:
- You must be at least 13 years old to access services such as our Discord server, Twitter, or make a purchase/donation through our online store
- You must be at least 16 years old to receive financial aid from BKN. Individuals under 16 must have consent from their parents and have them request/process the aid from us.
- If the aid is distributed via PayPal, you must be 18 years old to have a PayPal account as per their terms of service
- While we try our best to make our spaces as safe as possible for individuals under 18, we cannot guarantee that all content on our spaces where the public can interact (i.e. social media such as Discord and Twitter) is safe for underage individuals. We advise parents to keep an eye on social media usage for children under the age of 16 to ensure they don’t see harmful content.
- Terms regarding our online store:
- Please be aware that you are responsible for paying any taxes due on your purchased items if you’re purchasing from our store outside of the United Kingdom. Orders shipped outside the United Kingdom may incur Import Taxes, which are your responsibility, and are generally handled by either your local courier / postal service, and/or your countries government customs agencies.
- As we are a small volunteer-ran organisation, your orders may take up to 1-2 weeks to be fully processed and shipped. Please allow for up to 4 weeks after purchase before contacting our store support about an order which hasn’t arrived.
- Please be aware that for international orders, it may take upwards of 4 weeks for your order to arrive, especially if it gets stuck in customs. We have no control over how quickly your order arrives once it has entered the postal system.
- Returns / Refunds / Replacements
- We DO NOT offer returns/refunds for items which you’ve received safely and are in good condition.
- If your item has not arrived after 8+ weeks from the day it was shipped, OR it was moderately/severely damaged in transit, we may offer a free replacement item with shipping upon request
- If you’ve made a mistake with your order and need an item cancelled + refunded, please contact us ASAP via both the contact form, AND messaging one of our Tech Staff / Executive Staff on our Discord server – it’s important to contact us as quickly as possible, so that we can cancel the order before the items are shipped, as once the items are shipped we can no longer refund them.
Data Protection Act / GDPR
To comply with the Data Protection Act / GDPR, we’re registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the United Kingdom under the ICO reference number ZB334487 – if you click the link with our reference number, it will take you to our registration information on the ICO’s website as proof that we are registered with the ICO.
As a UK registered company, we’re obliged to comply with both the Data Protection Act in the UK, and the GDPR in the EU. If you have a request about your data, such as wanting us to tell you what data we hold on you, or to remove/correct your data, please email [email protected] and we’ll do our best to fulfill your request.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
While we don’t have any advertisements on our website, we do use web analytics software which may result in tracking cookies being placed on your browser from Google Analytics, a very popular analytics service which is used across many websites around the web.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with / Where your data is sent
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your IP address, browser information, and browsing activity on our website may be sent to Google Analytics for website/business analytical purposes
Details you enter when ordering an item may be sent to the payment processor you use to pay for the order, such as PayPal, Stripe (card payments), Apple (for Apple Pay), or Google (for Google Pay)
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you place an order through our online store, your personal information such as your real name, address, country, phone number, and the items which you ordered will be stored in our database, as they are required for us to process and ship your order. This information will be retained for a MINIMUM of 1 year for tax record keeping + anti-money laundering purposes, after this point you may contact us to have your personal information removed from the order. In the future, we may implement automated personal information purging for orders.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, have placed an order, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.